Top Current Affairs 03 and 04 April 2022
This post contains the current affairs for 03 & 04 April 2022. These current affairs are important for banking exams, insurance exams and other competitive exams like IBPS PO and Clerk, SBI PO and Clerk, RBI Assistant and Grade B, etc. You can also attempt our Current Affairs Quiz after reading our daily current affairs.
India’s unemployment rate falls to 7.6% in March from 8.1% in Feb 2022: CMIE Report
- As per the data from Centre for Monitoring Indian Economy (CMIE), the overall unemployment rate in India fell to 7.6 percent in March 2022. This rate was 8.10 percent in February 2022.
- The report also stated that though the overall unemployment rate in the country is falling, it is still high for a “poor” country like India.
- Haryana recorded the highest unemployment rate in March 2022, at 26.7 percent. It was followed by Rajasthan (25%) and Jammu and Kashmir (25 %), Bihar (14.4%), Tripura (14.1%) and West Bengal (5.6%).
- Karnataka and Gujarat registered the least unemployment rate at 1.8.percent each in March, 2022.
IAF Commemorates 60 years of Glorious Service by Chetak Helicopters
- The Indian Air Force organised a conclave at Air Force Station, Hakimpet on 02 April 2022, to commemorate 60 years of glorious service by Chetak Helicopter in IAF.
- The conclave was inaugurated by Raksha Mantri Shri Rajnath Singh.
- Raksha Mantri released a Special Cover, a Coffee Table Book and a Commemorative Movie on Chetak Helicopters during the conclave.
- The Chetak helicopter is the oldest operational flying machine with the Indian Air Force. It has been made by Hindustan Aeronautics Limited (HAL) under the licence agreement. The Chetak Helicopter was inducted into the Indian Air force in 1962.
Ministry of Culture launches ‘Temple 360’ website
- The Minister of State for Culture and External Affairs, Meenakshi Lekhi launched a website ‘Temple 360’ on April 02, 2022, during an event organized by Ministry of Culture at IGNCA Ampitheatre, Indira Gandhi National Centre of Arts, New Delhi under the aegis of Azadi Ka Amrit Mahotsav.
- Temple 360 is a digital platform where anyone can visit or do darshan of 12 Jyotirlinga and Char Dham from any location, making everyone’s life convenient while also keeping people connected..
- The website also allows a devotee to perform e-Darshan, e-Prashad, e-Aarti and several other services.
4th edition of India Boat & Marine Show (IBMS) concludes in Kochi
- The 4th edition of India Boat & Marine Show (IBMS) was held at Bolgatty Palace in Kochi in Kerala from March 25 to 27, 2022.
- IBMS is India’s only and most influential Boat and Marine industry related exhibition.
- The event is organised by Kochi-based Cruz Expo.
- The IBMS 2022 showcased leading international brands as well as indigenous boat manufacturers from across the country.
- Around 45 exhibitors from all over India and two international exhibitors participated in the expo.
FICCI Projects India’s GDP growth rate for FY23 at 7.4%
- The Federation of Indian Chambers of Commerce & Industry (FICCI) has estimated India’s GDP to grow at 7.4 percent in the financial year 2022-23 (FY23).
- The Ficci’s Economic Outlook Survey was released on April 03, 2022.
- The report has stated that rising prices due to the Russia-Ukraine conflict is the biggest challenge to the global economic recovery.
India-Australia sign Economic Cooperation and Trade Agreement (IndAus ECTA)
- The Government of India and Australia inked the Economic Cooperation and Trade Agreement (“IndAus ECTA”) in a virtual ceremony on April 02, 2022.
- India and Australia began the process for ‘IndAus ECTA’ from September 30, 2021.
- The ECTA was signed by Indian Union Minister of Commerce and Industry, Shri Piyush Goyal, and Australian Minister for Trade, Tourism and Investment, Mr. Dan Teha.
- Prime Minister of India, Shri. Narendra Modi and the Prime Minister of Australia, Scott Morrison also attended the event.
- The IndAus ECTA seeks to double bilateral trade between the two countries to $45-50 billion in the next five years from current $27 billion.
- ECTA would remove trade barriers and open up huge opportunities in both goods and services for both nations.
India and Nepal sign four agreements and launch multiple projects
- Prime Minister of India Narendra Modi and his Nepalese counterpart Sher Bahadur Deuba held a meeting in New Delhi on April 02, 2022 during which the two countries launched multiple initiatives as well as signed four crucial agreements in multiple domains.
- The focus of the meeting between the prime ministers of India and Nepal was on developmental cooperation.
- The Prime Minister of Nepal is on three-day visit to India.
- List of Initiatives and MoUs Launched
India-Turkmenistan inks four agreements during President Ram Nath Kovind’s 3-day official visit to Turkmenistan
- India and Turkmenistan witnessed signing of four agreements on April 02, 2022, during the state visit of President of India, Shri Ram Nath Kovind to Turkmenistan. He is the first-ever President of India to visit independent Turkmenistan.
- The agreement was signed in the presence of Indian President Mr. Kovind and Turkmen President Serdar Berdimuhamedov.
- President Kovind is on a week-long state visit to two nations, Turkmenistan (April 01-03) and the Netherlands (April 04-07).
- Click here for the four MoUs signed between India and Turkmenistan.
Vikas Kumar appointed as third Managing Director of Delhi Metro Rail Corporation (DMRC)
- Vikas Kumar has been appointed as the new Managing Director of the Delhi Metro Rail Corporation (DMRC).
- Kumar is a 1988-batch officer of the Indian Railway Traffic Service.
- He succeeds Mangu Singh, whose tenure ended on March 31, 2022.
- Kumar is the third managing director of the DMRC after E Sreedharan and Mangu Singh.
- He will hold the post for a term of five years.
Iga Swiatek beat Naomi Osaka to win 2022 Miami Open tennis title
- The United Nations’ International Day for Mine Awareness and Assistance in Mine Action is celebrated every year on 4th of April 4.
- 2022 Theme – “Safe Ground, Safe Steps, Safe Home”
- The day was declared by the UNGA on 8 December 2005, to raise awareness about landmines and progress toward their eradication.
- The celebrations is led by United Nations Mine Action Service (UNMAS)- Headquarter- New York, United States.