Top Current Affairs 06 April 2022
This post contains the current affairs for 06 April 2022. These current affairs are important for banking exams, insurance exams and other competitive exams like IBPS PO and Clerk, SBI PO and Clerk, RBI Assistant and Grade B, etc. You can also attempt our Current Affairs Quiz after reading our daily current affairs.
Union Minister Bhupender Yadav launches Mascot ‘Prakriti’ and Green Initiatives for Effective Plastic Waste Management
- The Union Minister of Environment, Forest & Climate Change (MoEFCC), Shri Bhupender Yadav launched a mascot and various green initiatives taken by MoEFCC and Central Pollution Control Board (CPCB).
- The mascot named ‘Prakriti’, will spread awareness among people about small changes that can be sustainably adopt in our lifestyle for a better environment
- The green initiatives launched will ensure Plastic Waste Management (PWM) in the country.
- The initiative is in line with the vision of Prime Minister,Shri Narendra Modi to phase out Single Use Plastics (SUPs) by 2022.
RBI fixes WMA limits for the State Governments/UTs to Rs 47,010 crore
- The Reserve Bank has decided to reduce the Ways and Means Advances (WMA) for States Governments and Union Territories (UTs) from Rs 51,560 crore to Rs 47,010 crore, considering improvement in the pandemic situation.
- These norms will be effective from April 01, 2022.
- RBI had raised the WMA limit to Rs 51,560 crore for all States/UTs in October 2021, due to the uncertainties related to Covid-19. The higher WMA was applicable till 31 March 2022.
HDFC Limited to merge with HDFC Bank
- Mortgage lender HDFC Limited and its banking arm, HDFC Bank have announced merger, making it the biggest merger in the Indian corporate history.
- The market-cap of the merged entity will be approx Rs 14 lakh crore (twice the size of ICICI Bank), making it India’s second-biggest entity in terms of market capitalisation, after Reliance Industries Ltd (Rs 18.01 lakh crore).
- Post merger, HDFC Bank will be 100 percent owned by public shareholders.
- Existing shareholders of HDFC Limited will own 41% of HDFC Bank.
- These shareholders will receive 42 shares of HDFC Bank for 25 shares of HDFC Limited.
- The subsidiary or associates of HDFC Limited will also be transferred to HDFC Bank.
SEBI announces Ideathon ‘Manthan’ to promote innovation in securities markets
- The Securities and Exchange Board of India (SEBI) has launched an Ideathon named ‘Manthan’, for supporting new ideas and innovations in the securities market.
- The ideathon was launched by Sebi Chairperson Madhabi Puri Buch.
- Manthan is a six-week long ideathon to create a pool of ideas and innovative solutions revolving around the securities market
- Sebi has organised the initiative in association with BSE, NSE, NSDL, CDSL, KFintech, CAMS, LinkInTime and MCX.
SBI signs MoU with Border Security Force to offer curated benefits through CAPSP Scheme
- The State Bank of India (SBI) has signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) with the Border Security Force (BSF) to provide solutions for financial security to BSF personnel through the Central Armed Police Salary Package (CAPSP) Scheme.
- The MoU will offer bouquet of benefits to the serving security forces, retired personnel as well as family pensioners
- These may include complimentary Personal and Air Accidental Insurance (Death) cover, additional cover in case of on-duty death, and Permanent Total Disability / Partial Disability cover, support in child education and the marriage of girl children of deceased BSF personnel among other benefits.
Government appoints Vinay Mohan Kwatra as new foreign secretary
- The Government of India has appointed IFS Vinay Mohan Kwatra as the new Foreign Secretary of India.
- Mr Kwatra is currently serving as India’s envoy to Nepal, from March 2020.
- He will replace current foreign secretary, Harsh Vardhan Shringla, who will superannuate on April 30, 2022.
- Kwatra is a 1988-batch Indian Foreign Service (IFS) officer, having more than 32 years of experience in the foreign service.
- He has also worked in Prime Minister Narendra Modi’s office (PMO) from 2015 to 2017, as well as India’s ambassador to France from August 2017 to February 2020.
Union Minister Dharmendra Pradhan releases book titled “Birsa Munda – Janjatiya Nayak” written by Prof. Alok Chakrawal
- Union Minister of Education and Skill Development, Shri Dharmendra Pradhan released a book titled “Birsa Munda – Janjatiya Nayak” on April 05, 2022, during an event in New Delhi.
- The book has been written by Prof. Alok Chakrawal, Vice Chancellor, Guru Ghasidas Vishwavidyalaya, Bilaspur, Chhattisgarh.
- This book brings forward the struggle of Bhagwan Birsa Munda and the contribution of forest dwellers in the freedom movement.
Author Devika Rangachari pens book on Lakshmibai titled ‘Queen of Fire’
- A book titled ‘Queen of Fire’ has been authored by award-winning children’s writer and historian Devika Rangachari.
- The novel is all about the brave queen and warrior Rani Lakshmibai of Jhansi, focusing on her journey as a queen, soldier, and statesman.
- The book is meant for readers aged 13-17.
- It has been published by Penguin Random House India in April 2021.
United Nations International Day of Conscience 2022: 05 April
- The United Nations General Assembly has designated 5 April to be observed as an International Day of Conscience every year.
- The resolution was adopted on on 31 July 2019 by the UN General Assembly.
- The year 2022 marks the third edition of the celebrations.
- This day aims to remind people to self-reflect, follow their conscience, and do the right things.
- 2022 Theme: Promoting the Culture of Peace with Love and Conscience.
International Day of Sport for Development and Peace 2022 : 06 April
- The International Day of Sport for Development and Peace (IDSDP) is observed annually on April 6.
- The day is a means to celebrate the power of sport which can drive social change, community development and foster peace and understanding.
- This day was created by the United Nations General Assembly in 23 August 2013, and supported by the International Olympic Committee (IOC) since 6 April 2014.
- The date commemorates the inauguration of the first Olympic Games of the modern era, in Athens, (Greece) in 1896.