Top Current Affairs 07 April 2022
This post contains the current affairs for 07 April 2022. These current affairs are important for banking exams, insurance exams and other competitive exams like IBPS PO and Clerk, SBI PO and Clerk, RBI Assistant and Grade B, etc. You can also attempt our Current Affairs Quiz after reading our daily current affairs.
9th India – Kyrgyzstan Joint Special Forces Exercise Concludes at Bakloh, Himachal Pradesh
- The 9th Edition of the India – Kyrgyzstan Joint Special Forces Exercise was held from March 25, 2022 to April 06, 2022, at Special Forces Training School, Bakloh in Himachal Pradesh.
- The joint training exercise further strengthened the existing bond between India and Kyrgyzstan.
- Special Forces contingents from India and Kyrgyzstan shared their expertise and best practices of tactics, techniques and procedures to counter existing and emergent threats across the entire spectrum of conflict.
ADB Projects India’s economy to grow by 7.5% in FY23; 8% in FY24
- The Manila-based multi-lateral funding agency, Asian Development Bank (ADB) has projected the GDP growth rate of Indian economy, in its flagship Asian Development Outlook (ADO) 2022, as follows:
- 2022-23 (FY23) – 7.5 percent
- 2023-24 (FY24) – 8.0 percent
Union Bank launches super-app UnionNXT and digital transformation project SMBHAV
- The Union Bank of India (UBI) has launched its super-app named UnionNXT on April 06, 2022.
- A banking super-app combines a number of services, such as payments, online shopping, bill payments, recharges, investment, loans, and fund transfer, on a single platform.
- The public sector lender also launched a digital transformation project called ‘SMBHAV’.
- For this, the Union bank has an allocated an investment outlay of around Rs 1,000 crore for the current financial year 2022-23 (FY23).
- The bank aims to have 50 percent business originating on the digital platform by 2025.
- UBI’s super-apps is similar to the super-apps by other large lenders such as State Bank of India’s Yono, Bank of Baroda’s Bob world and HDFC Bank’s PayZapp and ICICI Bank’s iMobile.
RBI approves re-appointment of Murli Natarajan as MD-CEO of DCB Bank for two years
- The Reserve Bank of India (RBI) has approved an extension in the tenure of Murli M Natarajan as the managing director and chief executive officer (MD & CEO) of DCB Bank for a period of two years.
- His extended term will be applicable from April 29, 2022 to April 28, 2024.
- Natrajan is serving as MD & CEO of the bank since April 2009.
- RBI has capped the tenure of bank chief executives at 15 years and Natrajan will complete 15 years at the helm of the bank in 2024.
Nykaa Founder Falguni Nayar among top 10 in Hurun Richest Self-Made Women in the World 2022
- Hurun Research Institute has released the list of Richest Self-Made Women in the World in 2022 which features 8 Chinese women, while 1 each from US, UK and India in the top 10.
- Overall 124 women from 16 countries features in the list, including three Indians.
Scroll.in Journalist Aarefa Johari wins Chameli Devi Jain Award 2021
- Journalist Aarefa Johari, who works for ‘Scroll.in’ in Mumbai, has been named as the winner of the Chameli Devi Jain Award for an Outstanding Woman Mediaperson 2021.
- The Chameli Devi Jain Award for Outstanding Women Mediaperson is an Indian journalism award named after Chameli Devi Jain, an Indian independence activist who became the first Jain woman to go to prison during India’s independence struggle.
Books & Author
Book Titled “Decoding Indian Babudom” by Ashwini Shrivastava
- A book titled “
- It is a first-of-its-kind book which revolves around bureaucracy and lists the ailments of India’s administrative system from a common man’s point of view.
Hockey India Senior Men National Championship 2022 begins in Bhopal
- The 12th edition of the prestigious Hockey India Senior Men National Championship 2022 kicked-off in Bhopal, Madhya Pradesh on April 06, 2022.
- The 12-day tournament will see participation of 28 teams. vie for top honours.
- The previous edition of the tournament was won by Hockey Punjab after they beat Uttar Pradesh Hockey.
World Health Day: 07 April
- The World Health Day is celebrated every year on April 7 since 1950 to commemorate the establishment of World Health Organisation (WHO) on 7 April 1948.
- World Health Day is celebrated as global health awareness day to draw worldwide attention to a specific subject of major importance to global health.
- The Theme of 2022 World Health Day is ‘Our Planet, Our Health.’
International Day of Reflection on the 1994 Genocide : 07 April
- The International Day of Reflection on the 1994 Genocide against the Tutsi in Rwanda is commemorated by UNESCO on April 07, every year.
- The year 2022 marks the 28th anniversary of the 1994 genocide against the Tutsi in Rwanda.
- The day was established by the United Nations General Assembly in 2003.
- The day commemorates the beginning of the genocide perpetrated against members of the Tutsi minority by the Hutu extremist-led government. Within just over 100 days, more than 1 million Tutsi were systematically murdered. Moderate Hutu and others who opposed the massacres were also killed during this period.