This post contains the current affairs for 15 April 2022. These current affairs are important for banking exams, insurance exams and other competitive exams like IBPS PO and Clerk, SBI PO and Clerk, RBI Assistant and Grade B, etc. You can also attempt our Current Affairs Quiz after reading our daily current affairs.
World Bank Projects India’s growth forecast 8% for FY23
- The World Bank has slashed the GDP growth forecast for India in FY2022/23 to 8 percent in its bi-annual “South Asia Economic Focus” report, due to the negative impact of the war in Ukraine on FY23 growth.
- Earlier in January 2022, growth forecast for FY23 was estimated at 8.7 percent.
PM Modi inaugurates Pradhan Mantri Sangrahalaya at Teen Murti Complex in New Delhi
- Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi inaugurated the Pradhanmantri Sangrahalaya (or Prime Ministers’ Museum) on April 14, 2022, on the occasion of 132nd birth anniversary of Dr Bhimrao Ambedkar, as well as to commemorate Azadi Ka Amrit Mahotsav celebrations.
- PM Modi also bought the first ticket of the museum before its inauguration.
- The museum is a tribute to each of the 14 prime ministers of India since Independence, irrespective of their ideology or tenure.
- Pradhanmantri Sangrahalaya is located at the Teen Murti complex in New Delhi and has integrated the erstwhile Nehru Museum (now designated as Block I) with the newly constructed building (designated as Block II).
- The museum has employed cutting-edge technology-based interfaces to encompass heterogeneity in content and frequent rotation of display.
- Built at a cost of Rs 271 crore, the total area of the two blocks is over 15,600 square metres.