Top Current Affairs 17 April 2022
This post contains the current affairs for 17 April 2022. These current affairs are important for banking exams, insurance exams and other competitive exams like IBPS PO and Clerk, SBI PO and Clerk, RBI Assistant and Grade B, etc. You can also attempt our Current Affairs Quiz after reading our daily current affairs.
PM Modi Inaugurates 108 ft tall statue of Lord Hanuman ji in Morbi of Gujarat
- The Prime Minister of India, Shri Narendra Modi unveiled a 108 ft statue of Lord Hanuman ji in Morbi, Gujarat, at the Ashram of Bapu Keshvanand ji, via video conferencing on April 16, 2022, on the occasion of Hanuman Jayanti.
- This statue is the second among the four statues being built in the four directions across the country, as part of the ‘Hanumanji Char Dham’ project.
- The first such grand statue of Hanuman Ji was inaugurated in the North in Shimla, Himachal Pradesh in 2010.
- The statue at Morbi has been set up in the West.
- The third statue will be set up in the South at Rameswaram, Tamil Nadu.
- Similarly the final statue will be established in East in West Bengal.
Phase II of ‘SVANidhi se Samriddhi’ launched to cover 28 lakh street vendors
- ‘SVANidhi se Samriddhi’ scheme, an additional program of PMSVANidhi was launched by the Ministry of Housing and Urban Affairs (MoHUA) on January 04, 2021 to be implemented in phased manner.
- The SVANidhi se Samriddhi programme maps the socio-economic profile of the PM SVANidhi beneficiaries and their families. Assess the potential eligibility of the beneficiaries for various Central welfare schemes and facilitate the linkages to these schemes.
- Phase I : Launched in 2020-21 in 125 cities to cover approximately 35 lakh street vendors and their families.
- Phase II : Now MoHUA has launched Phase II of the program in additional 126 cities to cover 28 lakh street vendors and their families.
- A total target of 20 lakh scheme sanctions has been set under Phase II for FY 2022-23.
- The remaining cities would be added to the program gradually.
“UDAN” scheme selected for Prime Minister’s Award for Excellence in Public Administration 2020
- The Regional Connectivity Scheme UDAN (UdeDeshkaAamNagrik), the flagship scheme of the Ministry of Civil Aviation (MoCA) has been selected for Prime Minister’s Award for Excellence in Public Administration 2020 under the category “Innovation (General) – Central”.
- The scheme lay emphasis on Good Governance, Qualitative achievements, and last mile connectivity rather than only on achievement of quantitative targets.
- The award was launched by the Government of India in 2006 to acknowledge, recognize and reward the extraordinary and innovative work done by Districts/ Organizations of the Central and State Governments.
- The award comes with a trophy, scroll and an incentive of Rs 10 lakhs.
- The Ministry of Civil Aviation will receive the award on April 21, 2022, on the occasion of Civil Service Day.
Centre infuses Rs. 5,000 crore into 3 state-run insurance companies- OICL, NICL and UICL
- The central government has infused a total of Rs. 5,000 crore in three public sector general insurance companies namely Oriental Insurance Company Limited (OICL), National Insurance Co. Ltd. (NICL) and United India Insurance Co. Ltd. (UICL). The individual capital infusion in these three insurance company is given below:
- NICL- Rs 3,700 Crore
- OICL- Rs 1,200 Crore
- UICL- Rs 100 Crore
- With this, the authorised share capital of these insurance companies has now been increased. The details of new authorised capital is given below:
- Authorized capital of NICL= Rs. 15,000 crore
- Authorized capital of OICL= Rs. 7,500 crore
- Authorized capital of UICL= Rs. 7,500 crore
- Authorised share capitals of entities are increased from time to time to enable subscription of capital.
Prabhat Patnaik wins 2022 Malcolm Adiseshiah Award
- Renowned Indian Marxist economist and political commentator Prabhat Patnaik has been selected for the 2022 Malcom Adiseshiah Award.
- The Malcolm Adiseshiah Award is given annually by the Chennai-based Malcolm and Elizabeth Adiseshiah Trust since 2000 for Distinguished Contributions to Development Studies.
- The award is given to an outstanding social scientist selected by a specially constituted national jury.
- The award comprises a citation and prize money of Rs. 2 lakh.
Tamil Nadu beat Punjab to win men’s title of 71st Senior National Basketball Championship; Indian Railways tops in women’s section
- In Basketball, Tamil Nadu beat Punjab 87-69 in the final to win the men’s title in the 71st Senior National Basketball Championship.
- The women’s title was won by the Indian Railways team after defeating Telangana 131-82.
World Hemophilia Day 2022: 17 April
- Every year the World Hemophilia Day is observed internationally on April 17 to raise awareness and understanding about hemophilia and other bleeding disorders.
- April 17, 2022, marks 33rd World Hemophilia Day.
- The theme for 2022 World Hemophilia Day is “Access for All: Partnership. Policy. Progress. Engaging your government, integrating inherited bleeding disorders into national policy“.
- The day is being held since 1989, which marks the birthday of Frank Schnabel, founder of the World Federation of Hemophilia.