Top Current Affairs 21 April 2022
This post contains the current affairs for 21 April 2022. These current affairs are important for banking exams, insurance exams and other competitive exams like IBPS PO and Clerk, SBI PO and Clerk, RBI Assistant and Grade B, etc. You can also attempt our Current Affairs Quiz after reading our daily current affairs.
Overview of Prime Minister Narendra Modi’s visit to Gujarat
- Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi was on official visit to Gujarat from April 18 to 20, 2022 to inaugurate and lay foundation stones of a number of projects.
- Day I: On April 18, PM Modi visited the Command and Control Centre for Schools in Gandhinagar and interacted with teachers and students.
- Day II: On April 19, PM dedicated to the nation a new dairy complex and potato processing plant at Diyodar, Banaskantha district. The facility has been built at a cost of over Rs. 600 crores.
- The Prime Minister also dedicated to the nation the Banas Community Radio Station, and the expanded facilities at the Banas dairy plant in Palanpur.
- An Organic Manure and Biogas plant established at Dama, Gujarat was also dedicated to the nation.
- PM Modi laid the foundation stone of four gobar gas plants of 100 tonnes capacity, which will be located at Khimana, Ratanpura – Bhildi, Radhanpur and Thawar.
- Besides this, he laid the foundation stone of WHO Global Centre for Traditional Medicine in Jamnagar the same day.
- Day III: Finally, on April 20, 2022, Prime Minister inaugurated the Global AYUSH Investment & Innovation Summit at Gandhinagar.
- The three day summit will witness dialogue with entrepreneurs, industry, startups and other stakeholders to encourage them to increase investment for innovation in Ayush.
India’s first pure green hydrogen plant commissioned in Jorhat, Assam
- India’s first 99.999% pure Green Hydrogen pilot plant has been commissioned by the Oil India Limited (OIL) at its Jorhat Pump Station in Assam on April 20, 2022.
- The plant has an installed capacity of 10 kg per day.
- The plant produces Green Hydrogen from the electricity generated by 500kW Solar plant using a 100 kW Anion Exchange Membrane (AEM) Electrolyser array.
- The AEM technology is being used for the first time in India.
Sixth & Final Scorpene-class Submarine ‘VAGSHEER’ inaugurated at Mazagon Dock Limited
- The Indian Navy launched the sixth and last submarine, Yard 11880, of the French Scorpene-class under Project 75, on April 20, 2022 at the Kanhoji Angre Wet Basin of Mazagon Dock Limited (MDL) in Mumbai.
- The submarine has been named as ‘Vagsheer’
- The submarine will now undergo rigorous harbour trials and sea trials, before being commissioned in the Indian Navy.
- These submarines are designed by French naval defence and energy company ‘DCNS’ while Mazagon Dock Limited, Mumbai has manufactured them.
Trishakti Corps of Indian Army conducts EX KRIPAN SHAKTI in Siliguri
- The Indian Army’s Trishakti Corps conducted Ex Kripan Shakti at the Teesta Field Firing Firing Ranges (TFFR) near Siliguri in West Bengal on April 19, 2022.
- The Indian Army, Border Security Force (BSF), Sashastra Seema Bal (SSB) and the civil administration participated in the exercise.
- The exercise main aim was to synergise the capabilities of the Army and Central Armed Police Forces (CAPF) to fight an integrated battle.
- Trishakti Corps, also known as XXXIII Corps, is a division of Indian Army headquartered at Sukna near Siliguri.
- BSF manages the border with Bangladesh.
- SSB is in charge of affairs along India’s border with Nepal and Bhutan.
Nagpur gets India’s first radio channel for visually-impaired ‘Radio Aksh’
- India’s first-ever internet radio channel for the visually impaired people, named ‘Radio Aksh’ has been launched in Nagpur.
- Unlike FM and AM, this radio channel has been launched on Internet Radio technology, which has no geographical limits. All the Contents are pre-recorded.
- This digital platforms will enable access to vast bank of information from anywhere, to the visually impaired through their digital devices.
- This concept of internet radio has been initiated by the Blind Relief Association Nagpur and Samdrushti Kshamata Vikas Avam Anusandhan Mandal (Saksham).
Nexo and Mastercard tie up to launch ‘world first’ crypto-backed payment card
- Crypto lender Nexo has partnered with Mastercard to launch the world’s first “crypto-backed” payment card.
- The card allows users to spend without having to sell their digital assets such as bitcoin. These will be used as collateral to back the credit granted.
- Initially the facility has been launched in selected European countries.
- The electronic money firm DiPocket will be the card issuer.
D. Gukesh wins La Roda International Open chess title
- Young Indian Chess Grandmaster D. Gukesh has emerged as the winner of the 48th La Roda International Open chess tournament, held in Castile-La Mancha, in Spain.
- Gukesh defeated Israel’s Victor Mikhalevski in the ninth and final round to finish at the top with eight points.
- Armenia’s Haik Martirosyan finished runner-up with 7.5 points, while R. Praggnanandhaa secured 7 points to acquire third spot..
National Civil Services Day 2022: 21 April
- In India, the ‘Civil Services Day’ is celebrated on April 21 every year as a thanks giving day to all the Civil Servants for their service to the society and also for Civil Servants to ‘rededicate themselves to the cause of citizen and renew their commitments to public service’.
- The day April 21 has been chosen to commemorate the day when the first Home Minister of Independent India, Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel addressed the probationers of Administrative Services Officers in 1947 at Metcalf House, Delhi.
- In his address, he called Civil Servants, the ‘Steel Frame of India’.
World Creativity and Innovation Day 2022: 21 April
- The World Creativity and Innovation Day (#WCID) is celebrated on April 21 every year.
- Theme in 2022: Collaboration
- The day aims to raise awareness about the importance of creativity and innovation in problem solving and encourage creative multidisciplinary thinking at the individual and group levels.
- The United Nations recognised the day in April 2017.
- The first UN World Creativity and Innovation Day was celebrated on April 21, 2018.
- The World Creativity and Innovation Week is observed from April 15-21.